Saturday, January 15, 2011

Columbiana Ice

What's this?
It's the ice that formed on the outside mirror of my truck last Sunday night.
They got more ice south of us in Montgomery.  They got snow north of us above Birmingham.  We only got about one eighth of an inch, and the roads were clear, except for the bridges.
I didn't go anywhere on Monday, though, except outside with the camera.

The deck was very treacherous to walk on, so I didn't.  There were a few shots worth taking, mostly close ups though.

Icicles hanging from the truck mirror.

Cracked looking ice on a twig.

Slowly melting Monday.

A stragler leaf on an Oak Mountain Oak Leaf Hydrangea, about to give up the drop.

Incoming!
  The birds were swarming the feeders.  Goldfinches.  Purple Finches.

Doves and sparrows cleaning up the spillage.



Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head!
Cardinals everywhere.  Other types too, just no pictures posted today.

2 comments:

ShEiLa said...

You have some awesome photos!!! I never realized that ice could look so pretty.

I did find that link about astrology... I didn't read that part until you mentioned it. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

ToOdLeS.

Rob said...

Despite the ice, it makes for lovely photos!