Saturday, March 12, 2011

2 Things Challenge: Sneak/Peak

The 2 Things Challenge this week was Sneak/Peak.
This little mountain is one of the smaller ones to the west of Mount Katahdin in Baxter State Park, Maine, as viewed from the southern shore of Millinocket Lake, just outside the park.  The peak is trying to sneak out above the clouds on a gray and dreary fall evening a couple of years ago.
This is Mount Katahdin, viewed from the shore of Round Pond within the Baxter State Park, on a much brighter and clearer morning.  The peak is the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail, and it is barren enough that it would be very difficult to sneak up on that peak.
In this photo, the farthest peak seems to be trying to sneak behind the closest one.  These small mounds are on the shore of Jordan Pond in Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island, home of Bar Harbor, Maine.  Together they are known as The Bubbles, although I heard they have another, unofficial name also.

(Yes, my wife and I were there on vacation in the autumn of 2008.)

2 comments:

Rob said...

Beautiful photos, I like your play on words.

Mouse said...

I love your personification of the mountain. Heh heh, a sneaky peak! Gorgeous photos. I'm getting pretty attached to the mountains here, myself. Can't wait for the weather to get warm and head up into the high country this spring!