Sunday, February 26, 2012

2 Things Challenge: Sunday/Pattern

The 2 Things Challenge this week is Sunday/Pattern.  If you sit center balcony at Highlands United Methodist Church in downtown Birmingham on a Sunday morning, these are some of the patterns you will see.

I've never actually attended Sunday services here, but I do some volunteer work there once a week helping the city's poor and the homeless get state IDs, hopefully a leg up for at least some of them.  I love their sanctuary with the pale yellow paint, the high domed ceiling, and all the beautiful stained glass windows (I only show some of the smaller ones down front here, the ones to the side are huge and magnificent).  You need to click on the photo for a larger view to really appreciate the beauty of this space.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Some of the best patterns are found in old churches... the architecture is the best! I love your entry.

ToOdLeS.