Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Bad Part of Spring

Ahhh . . Spring. It's that lovely time of year we wait so impatiently for all winter. Then suddenly it's here, flowers are blooming, jackets are put away, and the grass is turning green again. Wonderful, until . . . ah . . . ah . . . AH CHOOOOOO!

All those flowers, and especially the trees, decide it's time to do their mating thing, and they spew their pollen into the air and up our noses. Actually it doesn't bother my nose too much, but it just sort of makes you feel dirty, in more ways than one.

The pine trees around here, and there are a lot of pine trees around here, all get together and within a few days dump all their pollen into the air. Today was the worst I believe I've ever seen it. I was driving over the mountain earlier and it looked like there was a fire, but it was only all the pollen being blown around. Julie was outside for a short while, resting on the cover to the hot tub, and left her footprints and body prints in the mess. She got it all over her, and I had to brush her off before I could let her back in the house. It feels almost like walking on sand on my deck. There's about a 70% chance of rain tomorrow. We've had a lot of rain, but I think central Alabama could use a good washing tomorrow.

No comments: