Thursday, January 21, 2010

2 Things Challenge Fire/Water


The 2 Things Challenge for this week was Fire / Water.
This entry took a little setup, but rest assured, no Dickel was harmed in the making of this image. Be ye warned, however, the glass suffered irreparable harm. It just couldn't take the combination of flaming alcohol (rubbing) and ice cubes. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try this inside your house. Fortunately I was outside on the patio, the flame was out, and I was moving the glass off the velvet when I heard the, "Tink, tink, tink!" as the top half of the glass cracked all the way around and into several chunks. AND, again fortunately, I had purposefully used a mismatched glass, just in case something like that happened.

9 comments:

Debi said...

Whew. At least the whiskey wasn't hurt! Funny post. And awesome photo.

P.S. Thanks for the link. I'm linking you now, too.

Debi said...

Hey, do I see that piece of black velvet in there? You clever bunny, you.

Eeyore said...

You're not supposed to be able to see it, but sometimes I guess it's okay.

Carolyn Ford said...

Very clever! Geez...now I will have to change mine! HA! Great post!

Shutterbug said...

very cool!

Vivian aka Deborah said...

whew!....that's one smoking drink ya got ther Larry! Great shot and perfect for the challenge....loved the story behind it too.

Tash said...

I was wondering if someone was going to play with firewater - Larry, you did extreme firewatering! Fun & funny - and the shot came out awesome...have a shot on me. :)

Rob said...

Fantastic, and excellent example.

Maya said...

Now that is suffering for your art!! Nicely done!